Many of my clients find it hard to see anything to smile about. They feel there is nothing to feel joyful about and feel that they may never climb out of the black hole they are in.
These people are remarkable individuals with so much to offer and I strive to help them release that potential. I hate to see anyone in pain but I know there is only so much I can do, the rest is up to them. We all have to take control of our lives, not matter how huge the obstacles in our way are. Much of the time, our perception of the challenges we face are far greater than the actual reality, but we are scared to step out of our comfort zone so we go round in the same old cycle of pain and self destruction. Our opinions are not based on fact but we fool ourselves into believing them and so we never actively do something different to test our theorys.
Much of the time, our mental health affects us so greatly that we are consumed with negative emotions such as anxiety and depression which stand in the way of us being able to function properly, think clearly and make changes that can ultimately only help increase self esteem and self belief.
I see people stuck in this rut all the time, and it is sad, frustrating and heart breaking.
But I truly believe that if we can all just incorporate 1 of the activities below in our lives daily with the goal of increasing them, we can lead a better quality of life. I know, I'm living proof that it works! and I know because I have seen my clients slowly recover as they put these small challenges into place.
Here are a few thoughts gathered from my own experiences and other sources about how we can all enhance the quality of our lives and make the most out of every moment we are blessed to be given!
- Walk for at least 20 mins every day and SMILE!
- Sit quietly for at least 10 mins every day
- Write down a list of your goals each night for the next day. This can help you to feel organised which frees you from that feeling of not knowing where to start!
- Listen to relaxing music, it is good nourishment for the soul
- Live the 3 "E's" - Enjoyment, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Tap into your Silly Self and make your kids laugh!
- Read thought provoking, interesting and life changing books
- Look at the sky at least once daily and appreciate the majesty of the world that surrounds us
- Eat more Plant based foods
- Eat less manufactured foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat dinner as a family and make a toast every day to something good that has happened that day
- Try to make at least 3 people laugh every day
- Don't spend your precious time immersed in negative thoughts or things beyond your control. Instead, concentrate on what you can change. It is better to invest your energy in the postive present
- Life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are lessons that come and go. What we learn from them will serve us for the rest of our lives
- Always eat breakfast to give you energy to face the challenges the day may bring. FOOD IS MOOD!
- Elimate clutter in your home and let a new energy enter your life
- Smile and Laugh More Often
- Do not let the opportunity pass to Hug a Friend
- Life is too short to waste time hating someone
- Don't take yourself too seriously, No one else does!
- Make peace with your past, so as not to ruin the present
- It's not neccessary to win every argument. Assertiveness is about being heard not gettig what you want.
- Don't compare your life with others. You have no idea of the highways they have travelled during their lives. Walk in their shoes before commenting!
- Nobody is responsible for your happiness except yourself
- Remember that we have no control over what happens to us, only what we do
- We cannot change how someone else behaves, only our reactions towards them.
- What others think of us is not completely under our control. We cannot be liked by everyone!
- Learn something new every day, a new word, a new fact, a new activity, a new song etc...
- Appreciate your body, it's marvellous
- Remember, hard times WILL pass. Situations WILL change
- Stay in touch with Friends. They will always be there for you.
- Reject everything that is not useful, beautiful or amusing
- Don't loose time. We already have all the things we need
- Don't be afraid to Cry. BE EMOTIONAL, it's good for you!
- The best is yet to come
|These are my 2 OLDEST Friends!! Pen is on my left and she is the photographer responsible for the photos in this post and for many of the pictures in previous posts! Rach is on my right and she has the MOST adorable 2 little girls!|
- Do something for someone EVERYday
- Each Day, before going to sleep, Acknowledge something postive that has happened that day
- Remember, we have too much that is good to be stressed
- Your health is your most important gift. Look after it
- Don't miss the Beautiful
- Enjoy the voyage. There is only 1 chance to be successful
- Life is beautiful, You must appreciate it as much as possible
- FEED THE BIRDS!
- Have a wonderful journey!